Monday, December 6, 2010

it's quiet in here...

OK, so I have no idea why I titled this post what I did.  I mean it is quiet in here, but really how much can you talk about that? 

I just finished watching the latest episode of "Fringe" on Hulu.com.  Has everyone else discovered this website?  I really like it.  Forget paying for cable or satelite with a DVR, just watch it online.  Anyway so now I am listening to classic Christmas music on Pandora.com.  I like that site too because it reminds me of Sirius radio.  Limited commercials and you can listen to just a certain genre.  Like I am right now with the holiday stuff.  Geez, I sound like a darn commercial.  Does anyone know an agent because apparantly I am great at marketing. 

Now that's cheating.  Frank Sinatra singing "Have yourself a merry little Christmas"...  here come the waterworks.  Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.  Oh well...

Christmas is almost here and with the tree up and the kids playing in snow, the feeling becomes surreal.  A real Christmas with real snow.  Complete with a trip to Macy's on State Street downtown Chicago to see Santa and tell him all our secret wishes for that special morning.  A memorable look at the animated windows with eyes wide with amazement and awe at the story they tell.  "yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus"  Lunch at the infamous Walnut Room at a table with a view of the magnificently decorated tree in the middle.  Is it a dream?  Not so much, you can open your eyes...  this life is yours.  This life is OURS.

Whew!  Frank finally stopped singing!  Now it's Perry Como singing Rudolph.  Completely different feeling to it thankfully.  We bought snowpants today.  Never ever thought I was going to need those!  Oh and more long underwear called "cuddle duds" for me.  Great stuff those cuddle duds.  Anyway now the kids can play in the snow pile that the plow made on the blacktop.  All we need now is sleds and skis.  I am sure with more winters to come that those will all be purchased. 

Well that is where I am now.  All is cheery and festive on the homefront.  I am just praying (and all of you should join in) that I survive the cold.  Dang this music is addictive!  It's the Nutcraker Suite now and I think I am going to get up and do a little sugar plum fairy dance.  I am going to twirl around my bedroom and try not to run into anything because we all know that when grown ups try to twirl they run into things.  Maybe I should just stay seated?  I am thinking so...  Gosh darn it, it's over, now my chance has passed.  Oh, poo...

Well I am feeling that I might be a little loopy from lack of sleep.  The trip to Chicago this past weekend (pics on facebook) really took it out of me.  A wonderful time was had by all and I can't wait to build more "Midwest Memories" with the kids.  As long as I am wearing my cuddle duds of course....

No comments:

Post a Comment