Sunday, November 7, 2010

i was going to write, but now i don't want to

I was going to sit down and write about how my day was lovely.  I was going to say how we went to church this morning, followed by a Sunday drive.  I was going to tell you that the kids loved it and actually appreciated driving "in the middle of nowhere".  I was going to write about how we had a nice lunch at Ginny's Cupboard in downtown Sparta and Nathaniel had the biggest PB and J that I ever saw.  Then I was going to say something about how Abigail helped cook dinner and it was wonderful.  I was even thinking about mentioning that all the chores were done and I put them all to bed completely content.  This is the point at which I would explain how I got cozy downstairs in my giant bean bag chair to watch the Cowboys play.  THIS is where it all changed.  This is where I decided how I didn't feel like writing about the wonderful things that happened to me today.  I don't even want to talk about the new guy that I have been having conversations with so that maybe someone could weigh in on how I should approach things.  Nope, at this point I am lonely.  While watching the game in my cowboys gear covered up with my cowboys blankie I started to think about home.  The last game that I watched was with my dad.  It is a sad feeling to know that you are all alone combined with the feeling that I am alone in my passion for my team kinda hit it home.  I miss my family.  There I was, curled up in the best seat in the house and all I could think about was the vastness of the space around me.  Nobody else yelling at the TV or just sitting there quiet because the cowboys made another bad play.  I love my team and without anyone to share that with, the reality of how much I love my family and how much I miss them was put right smack in front of my face.  In a 52" plasma HD version.  Perhaps tomorrow I will feel like writing about the wonderful things that happened.  I sure as hell don't today.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry sweety!!! We miss you!!! The Cowboys is a whole different subject!!! Cheer up Buttercup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs! I feel your pain! Guam is just so stinkin' far away from anything that feels normal......hang in there!

    ReplyDelete