Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Today was a long day at work...  it seemed to drag on and on and I honestly thought that it was never going to end.  There were even a few moments of sadness that required quiet time outside.  It has just been so dreary outside that it is hard to to become gray like the clouds.  That was today.

Tonight was magical.  I came home and cooked dinner while Victoria helped Abigail with her homework.  Nathaniel didn't get into anything and there was minimal complaining by all.  We sat down together and enjoyed our meal and each other's company.  As we began shower routine, Nathaniel came up to me and asked if we could dance.  I suggested that we should put Pandora on the computer because absolutely I would love to dance with him.  We slow danced around the living room to Michael Buble's rendition of Dream a Little Dream.  He has become quite the little dancer and has learned a few new moves so that we did not just sway and twirl over and over again.  It was absolute heaven.  By the third song, the girls were in the living room taking pictures and asking to join in.  We all had a turn with everyone and smiles reached from ear to ear.  Sometimes it is nice to slow down and enjoy the small things in life.  These moments with my babies are fleeting, not to mention few and far between.  In the hustle bustle of life I forget to slow down if even to just breathe.  My hope is that when they grow up the will look back and, yes, say Mom was strict, but remember how we used to dance in the living room, read stories and laugh till we cried.  We should have more moments like that, their childhood is only once.  Not only will they grow up but they will go away...  Right now it seems so difficult doing things on my own, I feel out numbered ALL the time.  Some days, most days, I feel like all I do is yell.

Nights like tonight remind that even though I will probably lose all my hair and perhaps even be committed a few times, the little people in my life are special.  They are all mine to hold, kiss, love....

No comments:

Post a Comment