Wednesday, March 23, 2011

i'm back!

So here I sit, or should I say lay, on my couch.  The last time I posted was on Valentine's Day and that was over a month ago!  I really should keep up on this blog.  So here is the short and skinny of what has been going on here in the cold north of Wisconsin:

The kids are doing well in school!  Even little Abigail seems to be getting it together when it comes to her homework.  Her teacher even sent home a note saying how good she is doing!  Far cry for the negative that I have been getting from her for the past few months.  On the recommendation of the director of School Age Services on post, I purchased an accordion folder for her to keep track of all her work.  At the last parent-teacher conference that I had with her teacher we had discussed that if this worked we would try to work something out for her desk as school as well.  I suppose I will know for sure when her next report card comes, but I definitely have seen her really trying to conquer that mountain and she seems to be succeeding!  Victoria is getting to be quite the tween!  She has lots of attitude and the eyes rolls are excessively abundant...  I try to keep my patience with her, but geez if this is a preview of what is to come, I am going to have my hands full!  Other than that, grades are good and she is growing into quite the young lady.  Nathaniel is the same.  Mom's little baby and story teller extraordinaire!  He has decided to go with the "white-walled, high and tight" hair cut and even though I had my reservations, it is growing on me and is actually pretty cute. 

On the relationship side of things, everything is going well.  I am going home with him for a wedding in May so that is good.  Truth be told, I am extremely nervous!  The ex and I never met each other's families before we got married and come to think of it never even really did the whole courtship thing in general.  All of this is so new to me, it's scary.  I know he loves me and of course I love him.  Our lives are progressing so smoothly and as he always says, "it is so easy."  I never knew that a relationship could be like this.  Of course I still have my issues which I have discussed in previous blogs so I am not going to revisit them.  I am working through them and I find that with each week that passes by, it gets easier.  He makes it so.  <3

Speaking of easier, it is getting to a whole lot easier to survive up here by myself.  As I like to say...

Work is easy, Pay is good, My boyfriend is hot and The beer is cold!  You really can't ask for much more than that....

No comments:

Post a Comment