Sunday, October 31, 2010

fall is for roast

I made a roast tonight with red potatoes, carrots and onions.  It was in honor of fall.  The season where we get to eat lots of stews and roasted meals partly because they taste good and partly because turning on the oven helps heat up the house. 
Halloween was lovely and I enjoyed the kids trick or treating on Saturday versus Sunday.  My three ghouls did not go, but they really loved handing out the candy.  Something that they have never gotten to do before.  Next year we will be out and about on the street though.  I did miss raiding the kids candy for all the chocolate...
So here we are, off to the start of another week.  Hopefully week two will be as nice as week one. 

Things I learned this week:
1. Good friends are the most honest ones.
2. Just smile and nod can be used in more applications than I was previously aware.
3. My son likes roasted onions.
4. Locking your keys in the car at the Audi dealership does not mean you have to buy a new car.
5. I made a good decision.  (be advised this particular item could change from week to week)

No comments:

Post a Comment